We live in a stressed out society. Our to-do lists get longer and longer, and the stress mounts. How’s someone supposed to stay sane with the demands of work, family and everything else? By slooooooowing down. April is Stress Awareness Month, and we think there’s no better time for some self care than now.
Here are a few ways to treat yourself right:
- Schedule a massage. Some time in a dark and quiet room can really calm your nerves and reinvigorate you.
- Turn your bathroom into a spa with dim lights, candles,epsom salts, relaxing music, etc. Don’t forget a good book!
- Don’t forget your workouts. Get those endorphins going! Exercise can do wonders for your mental and physical health. Yoga can be grounding, too.
- Don’t be afraid to say ‘no.’ You can’t please everyone. Don’t be afraid to decline invitations or requests for help. Overcommitting doesn’t do anyone any good. Know your limits and honor them.
- A good laugh can change your brain chemistry. So look up those funny cat videos on YouTube and laugh away.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. You’re only human. If you’re hosting a gathering, maybe ask that everyone bring a side dish. Or don’t be afraid to cater some of the food.
Self care is not selfish. Everyone benefits when you are grounded and centered. What’s your favorite way to de-stress? Share your comments on our Facebook Page.